Friday, August 3, 2012

Roomates and a little (very little) craftiness.


We did it. We bit the bullet, and now, the girls are officially roommates. 

They are both still in cribs, but now they can go to bed (or at the moment whine/squeal/laugh/whine) and wake up together. Currently, they are in their room for a nap; however, Mary Had a Little Lamb is being sung by one while the other one squeals. So for better or worse, they are roommates. I like to think of it as a good thing though. Now is the start of a great friendship between the two.


They are both still in cribs, and I plan to try and keep it that way for as long as I can. I guess the crib is sort of like my security blanket. I know that they are safe in there even if they are singing at the top of their lungs.


With the move, I decided to finally get around to hanging a few things on the walls. I had a stack of frames that I bought a while back, and since I am a HUGE procrastinator, they have been in the closet for more than a few months. 

 

And here is the craftiness. I bought a few needlepoint frames (totally blanking on what they are called right now), and, after wasting some time on Pinterest, I found my yarn and whipped these guys out. Yes, they are too small for the wall. Yes, they are kind of lame. However, it is something crafty and something to hang on the wall that looks halfway decent. So I consider it a success. Thank you Pinterest and the five dollar off coupon for the consignment store which made this somewhat lame creation free.



 

Another part of the update was hanging the "go go" as my daughter calls it. It's the little airplane we hung on the fan so she can stare at it for a while and scream, "go go!!!"


 

The best part of the room update was the little bench I placed in front of the window. Now she can look for real go go's and wave to our neighbor across the street all from her little perch. 


 

The bench was one of a set of my husband's from before we were married. I covered the bench a while back with a bit of fabric and some foam to make it a little prettier and a bit softer. The hem is coming apart, but at least for now they look a bit nicer! And here is one last one of her rocking her baby and showing her the new view!


No comments: