Friday, October 12, 2012

Garden now gone... memories and bubbles.

It's turning cold here. Winter is not one of my favorite times of the year. I grew up in the south, so the idea of freezing temps for a extended period of time isn't my idea of a good time. So on freezing days like today, I plan on looking back at the lovely days of summer. Today I had to pull up the remainders of our garden. It's all gone, but we had a great time testing our green thumbs and growing our first vegetables. My father has a big green thumb, so after much consultation from him we decided to start small this summer and grow just a couple of things. Tomatoes, zucchini, and zinnias (to ward off the bugs) were on the list. The garden was a huge success. We cooked zucchini everything, and everyone, including the girls, enjoyed fresh tomatoes every day. I hope to do another garden next summer. In the meantime, here's a look back at the garden in the beginning and a little girl who loves a sunny day to blow bubbles.


















No comments: